I think it's a Camaldolese ideal that one shouldn't break
the silence unless you can offer something better than the silence. That's hard to do, if you think about
it. How many of us have anything to say
that is that important or would be that gratifying to those around us (or to
blog readers, for that matter)? Not
many.
I say this because I think I should use that guidance for
posting here, I really hope over the next year I can do that. I think there is way too much on the Internet
that is just noise, much of it uncharitable noise, and that it would be better
had it never seen the light of day. To
try my best to avoid that probably means doing fewer posts here, trying to
write and post only what is truly sincere and heartfelt, and trying to, in all
cases write charitably. I'm not always
very good at that latter point.

No comments:
Post a Comment